Saturday 22 April 2017

We Need To Talk About... Girl Boss



Girl Boss dropped on Netflix last night. The 13 episodes chronicle the rise of our favourite vintage badass, Nasty Gal. 
When the trailer was released I knew from the get go that I would be in love. And, oh was I right.
I binged watched the whole show in a day and loved every second of it.

Britt Robertson plays Sophia, the lady who invented the once ebay-page-turned-worldwide-store. The show is a loose retelling of Sophia Amoruso's rise to stardom, based on her book by the same name. The book is still on my to-read list, has been for a while, and so far the show has received mixed reviews. Personally, I'm in love. But you already knew that.
A part of me really dislikes Sophia. She's somewhat self centred, vulgar and doesn't seem to care about anyone else's feelings. But at the same time she knows what she wants, she's crazy, independent and she's unapologetic. So half of me loves her.

My two main loves in life are fashion and music. The former obviously plays a huge role in this show, vintage, hippy and rocker styles are shown throughout, but didn't realise music would have such a big role in the show. The soundtrack is killer. Suzi Quatro, Modest Mouse, T-Rex and Silversun pickups. Urghh, whats not to love!


This show fills me with so much fashion inspo and basically makes me want to go vintage shopping.
Sorry bank account...
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: The Cure- Love Song.


Disclaimer: None of the photos are mine but I have edited them.
I have credited where I found each photo but am unsure as to who the original photographers are.
If you know, please contact me so I give credit where necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment