Wednesday 15 March 2017

Back Pocket Believers.


I was trying to work out how long I had been a fan of All Time Low for. Turns out it's ten years. TEN YEARS! 
Since then, I've travelled many miles, cried stupid amounts and made friends all because of them.

On Monday night, I added to that list of miles and tears when I drove to Southampton to see them.

First support of the night was Waterparks. I like these guys. There's a few songs I'm not a big fan of, but most of their music is fun, infectious and all round catchy. Their set was no different. 
Despite lead singer Awstin being sick recently, he sounded great and the Houston trio put on a excellent start to the evening. Will from Creeper also came on to sing "Royal" with them.

Now, SWMRS. Where do I start with SWMRS. I discovered these guys a couple of years ago, and I've never looked back. The play angsty garage rock/ punk and completely light up a room when they play live. I've been hoping to see them for a while now and, let me tell you, they did not disappoint. 
I also met Cole and Max after the show and they were so lovely. (Ignore my ugly, puffer-fish face)

Oh, All Time Low. I don't think this band have ever put on a bad show in their lives. Their hilarious, have perfectly,catchy songs and work so well together. You can't not have fun at their shows.
This is their first tour since switching from Hopeless Records to Fueled By Ramen, and their first playing new single "Dirty Laundry" live. I've heard mixed opinions regarding Dirty Laundry, but I quite like it. I don't really know why they released it as the first single (I'm positive there's better, more upbeat songs on the new album) but I do like it.
Also, they ecided to torture me by putting Therapy and Missing You next to each other on the set list. Both of those songs bring me to tears. Missing You came out when I was going through some really heavy stuff, so you could say it means a lot to me.


As per usual, ATL put on a excellent show.
But what else do you expect from All Time Low.
I honestly couldn't imagine the pop punk world without them. 
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: Waterparks- Royal.

No comments:

Post a Comment