Saturday 3 January 2015

Review | BirchBox December 2014


First off I'd like to say a very big HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!
I hope this year treats you well and you recieve health and happiness throughout!

Now onto the review I've put off doing for 2 weeks!
In December,I decided to treat myelf to my first ever Birchbox.
I've tried Glossybox in the past, but never this one. My friend recommended both boxes to me, Glossybox I grew tired of after about 9 months of recieveing it. (I wasn't really using the products they sent me)
December's Birchbox looked very special, so I figured I'd try it out.

This month the box was designed by shoe and bag designer, Sophia Webster.
Usually there is only 5 beauty products inside the box, but this month, they added in 2 extra bonus treats for christmas.





First up was this gorgeous nail varnish by Models Own.
Valerian is from their Velvet Goth range and is a dark blue matte colour, with sparkles to create a beautiful velvet finish.
All you need is 2 coats of this and no top coat. 
Will definitely be buying more from this range. 

Brighten Up! by  Vasanti, £26 for 120ml

I've never heard of Vasanti, but I used this this morning and wow my skin feels great!
Massage a pea sized amount onto wet skin and you will get a super soft, refreshed complexion. 
It's a little expensive for my liking, but it's all natural products and they don't test on animals! 
What's not to love!?


This is another brand I've never heard of. And again it's fairly expensive, but it smells absolutely gorgeous!
It's inspired an English country garden and features rose geranium and white flowers and also hints of chocolate and jasmine. 
It smells amazing and lasts a really long time as well. 


I already own the Skinny Liquid Eyeliner by Eyeko, and I love it! Probably the best liquid eyeliner I've ever used.
So when I recieved one of their products in the box, I was very excited!
The fat eye stick glides on effortlessly to create a soft, creamy finish, leaving a lovely smokey eye.
So far I'm very impressed by Eyeko and will definitely be purchasing more from them.

Hydrate Shampoo by Electric, £17.50 for 250ml

I was intriged to see what this shampoo did, I have used hair straighteners for quite a few years now, and naturally it's recieved it's fair share of damage. 
Electric said it would help repair the damage. Now, I'm not sure whether it's because I could only get a couple of trys out of the trial sized bottle, but I personally couldn't see any difference. 
To be honest, I would rather spend my money on better (and slightly cheaper) shampoos. Sorry Electric!

High Beam by Benefit, £19.50 for 13ml

The last make up product was stored inside a teeny tiny cracker! 
You can use benefit's High Beam on your cheek and brow bones. It says it looks good on all skin tones, and I'm pretty pale and it blends perfectly onto my complexion.
I feel like £19.50 is a little expensive though...


The final product was a purse designed exclusively for BirchBox by Sophia Webster. Look how gorgeous!!

Personally, I am very impressed with my first BirchBox.
I've heard that they're a bit hit or miss with their products, but I'm going to continue trying with the subscription for a couple of months and then see how I feel.

If you're interested, BirchBox is available here for £10 a month (plus £2.95 p+p)
And naturally you can opt out at any point.
You get some pretty sweet goodies, including some bits you won't be able to grab anywhere else!


Much love.
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: Ok, I'm watching Pretty Little Liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment