Sunday 12 January 2014

Ones To Watch | Part 2


These 4 Aussie boys are kind of an obvious one for 2014.
2013 was a big year for them. And by big I mean BIIIIG.
They toured with One Direction, travelled around half the world, they signed with Capital Records, worked with the likes of James Bourne, Mcfly, Alex Gaskarth and the Madden brothers, and took a ton of selfies whilst doing so.
I found out about these at the beginning of 2013, and then saw them a few months later on the Take Me Home tour in London, and dammit do these guys put on a show.
Fingers crossed the album comes out soon because I just cannot cope anymore.
Plus they're friendship is pretty much the most adorable thing ever!

Personal Favourites: "Unpredictable", "Lost Boy", "Out Of My Limit", "Heartbreak Girl"
For Fans Of: All Time Low, Blink 182, McFly & Boys Like Girls




I haven't long known about this 18 year old, but I've fallen a little in love with her voice and funny, no-bs lyrics.
She's been secretly writing and recording her debut album for the past three years instead of going to school.
She sings about what its like being a teeanger in todays society -something I (and probably most of you) can relate to.
Her husky British accent, catchy tunes and no nonsense attitude is enough to make Lily Allen jealous.
She's just finished a supporting John Newman on his recent tour and she's set to support Ellie Goulding on her 2014 European tour.
Big things seem to happening for this girl and that makes me quite happy.

Personal Favourites: "To My Face", "Paper Heart", "No Strings"
For Fams Of: The Naked and Famous, Ellie Goulding & Vampire Weekend



Wolf Alice is another band I've only recently fallen in love with.
I'm not sure how to describe their sound, I guess somewhere in between grunge-folk and indie-dance, sounding like a mesh between The XX and Hole. You get the idea -these guys are making a new genre for themselves.
The band consists of Ellie Rowsell (vocals) Joff Oddie (guitar), Joel Amey (drums), Theo Ellis (bass), whilst their name is taken from a short story by Angela Carter.
They recently toured with Swim Deep (see previous blog post) and aren't very likely to appeal to Simon Cowell any time soon.
Their EP, "Blush", is packed full of "rough and ready angst laced with slacker cool" according to lead singer Ellie. She's pretty right. All I want to do is turn the volume up to full blast and play the EP in it's entirety to everyone I've ever met.

Personal Favourites: "Blush", "Fluffy", "Nosedive", "Bros"
For Fans Of: Peace, Swim Deep & Yeah Yeah Yeahs



And that sums up my little "Ones To Watch" posts.
I see big things for each of the 6 artists I've mentioned over the past 2 days and hopefully you all do too!
Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment