Thursday 19 September 2013

"Magical Things Happen In Paris"

Audrey Hepburn Quote: weheartit

I have just spent my first ever two days in Paris.
I've never been to Paris before, but hearing so many magical things about the city, I felt I needed to experience it for myself. And I am so glad I did.

As neither of us had never been before, and we only had two days there, we obviously decided to make sure we saw the real touristy spots -Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc De Triomphe.

The Pont de l'archevĂȘchĂ© was definitely one of my personal highlights. If you don't already know, it is a bridge where couples place padlocks with their names and the date on, lock them to the bridge and throw the key in the river Seine. 
There's literally thousands of them locked there. So many that couples have started to lock their's to other bridges that run across the river.

Along the Seine there's also many wonderful little vintage book stores with nostalgic childrens book ,vintage fashion magazines and postcards and naturally thousand s of mini sounvier Eiffel Towers.


Champs- Elysses is home to a vast amount of beautiful shops that you rarely see if you're from a small town like me. It is quite possibly the most amazing street that I have ever seen. 
We went down many small side streets and found tiny cafes, boutiques and antique stores. We tried macaroons from Pierre Hermes and tried our best to learn some french  (we failed quite miserably!)

Before going home we made our way up the Eiffel Tower. If you are planning on going to Paris, you defiently need to exprience this. teh view is incredible breathtaking and you can really see why  "magical things happen in Paris".

I'm not entirely sure what it cured exactly, but Paris has definitely cured something in me. 
Next time I will go back for longer. Spend more time wondering down side streets, finding boutiques and antique shops. I'll do my best to learn more French and  try and exprience more things Parisan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment