Saturday 3 November 2012

"Keep Listening To Music, Cause It Gets You Through Everything, I Promise"

(Photo from tumblr.)

On Thursday, Mitch Lucker from Suicide Silence died in motorcycle accident. 
Now, I'm not going to pretend I was a Suicide Silence fan, because I wasn't. I couldn't even name you half of their songs if I tried. However, I know they have a huge fan base. And I know what its like, to have a favourite band, to listen to a bands music and have it somehow save you. I know what its like to have a band become your heroes.
Mitch Lucker was a hero to so many people. He did something amazing with his life and managed to change so many other lives as well.
He left behind a beautiful wife and a gorgeous daughter who he unfortunately won't be able to see grow up.
I can't imagine loosing someone who I looked up too, who I could go up to thank for changing my life, for making me the person I am today. Nor could I even begin to imagine loosing my dad -someone who is one of the most important people in my life and I don't know where I'd be without him.
Mitch Lucker was talented person. An inspiration to many. And from what I can tell, an incredible father and a loving husband. 
"You only live once, go fucking nuts"

No comments:

Post a Comment